Sunday, February 7, 2016

Writing Coach Profile



Hi! My name is Travis and I'm a graduate student at UW-Milwaukee. I am currently seeking certification as an English teacher while working toward a Master's degree in English Education. I graduated from UW-Whitewater in 2010 with a Bachelor's degree in English with a creative writing emphasis and a minor in journalism.

I'm a big sports fan, and I currently work as a Brewers writer for SB Nation and Baseball Prospectus. I also write for a sports and humor site called Crooked Scoreboard. In addition to being a Brewers and baseball fan, I love the Packers, Badgers, Bucks and Pittsburgh Penguins. I play kickball and volleyball with my friends as well.

Aside from my writing, I also work full time as a financial aid adviser at another university. Between working full time, writing part time at three different sites, and attending grad school part time, the answer to, "What do you do with your free time?" is, "What's free time?" If it theoretically existed, I would probably be reading (my favorite book is "Catch 22" by Joseph Heller), playing board games (my favorite game is Carcassonne) or video games (you would beat me at Call of Duty), watching TV shows (my favorite show right now is Masterchef Junior) and listening to music (my favorite acts are Run the Jewels, Taylor Swift and Brand New).

I look forward to working with you this semester!!

1 comment:

  1. man, caracassone is the best. I used to play that all the time in middle school with the goons. It's also quite apparent where that Catch 22 reference came from now :P

    Best of luck in the master's degree, I'm sure you'll do great!

    ReplyDelete